Though most tech-related issues are easy to spot, what your team may not realise is that some problems are, in fact, people-related as well. If you’ve spent a fortune on the latest and greatest technology but haven’t been able to use them productively, it may be time to outsource IT support. But first, let’s take a look at some hidden issues that might be affecting your workplace productivity and how to solve them.
Issue 1 - Your Technology is Preventing Business Growth
As your company grows, one of the things that have to grow along with it is your technology. If your technological infrastructure isn’t supporting your ultimate goals, you need to take a closer look at the problem. Some of the ways this problem might manifest are:
- If you’re experiencing a lack of communication, especially in remote areas. If communication within your main office works well but not as well for your remote workers then there’s a problem. That means that you’ll never be able to properly communicate as a team.
- Employees need to be able to access their tools and files at all times—not just from a laptop or computer. If they can’t access assets on their smartphone or tablet away from the office, their productivity will drop.
- If your older software isn’t designed to integrate with your newer systems, you’re likely to become subject to unnecessary workarounds, removing the focus from your actual responsibilities and generally leading to inefficiency.
Tech issues such as these are fairly simple to approach—you just need to review your current business processes. You don’t need to know how to integrate new technology to your workflow—any IT support in Bristol can take care of that for you.
Issue 2 - Your Technology Can’t Meet Staff Needs
Did you know that employee disengagement costs the United States economy a whopping $550 billion a year? One of the greatest contributing factors of employee frustration is not having access to the necessary tools. You know it’s time for an upgrade when:
- You’re having to constantly deal with broken servers and hardware assets therefore lose money with every minute of downtime.
- Your internal systems aren’t streamlined and you’re constantly losing data.
If you’re dealing with any of the aforementioned, it pays to perform a full technological audit. This can give you a better understanding of your tech situation and allow you to identify points of improvement or repair.
Issue 3 - Your Technology is Causing You to Lose Money
If anything, technology is the key to generating more revenue because it allows you to stay ahead of tech trends. However, state-of-the-art technology requires a pretty hefty capital investment and if you aren’t making up for it over time, things may not be going the way you think. If this is the case, you might be experiencing:
- Inflexible systems that can’t keep up with business growth.
- Constant physical upgrades that aren’t making a positive impact or generating positive returns.
- Damaged on-site servers that are constantly lagging.
Remember, technology should exist to help your business so if it isn’t, it may be time to rethink your strategy.
Knowing exactly how large your business strategy is and how it will continue to grow will allow you to leverage the best IT systems to support it. Filling the gaps between your objectives and goals with technology is the first step. Knowing how to use these systems is a close second.
At bzbIT, we provide IT support in Bristol that guarantees your business an increase in efficiency. We believe that a fully functional IT team is vital for business success and we want to be that part of your team. Ready to introduce yourself? We’ll be waiting!
Like what you've read and want more? Get our advice delivered straight to your inbox, we promise it wont be overwhelming!
About the Author
Drag lives and breathes technology – has done since his career began over 20 years ago. There’s still nothing better than getting his hands dirty. A great communicator, especially when it comes to Liverpool FC and why they’ll win the Premier League!
Jul 29, 2020 6 Common IT Issues And Our Guide To Fixing Them Jul 28, 2020 How IT Support Can Keep Your Employees Happy Jul 20, 2020 How To Conduct A Successful IT Risk Assessment Procedure Jun 25, 2020 MSP 101: Why Outsourced It Services Is the Best Option for SMEs